All DTT instructors are current or former SWAT officers in the Southern California region and Detroit. Initials have been used here to protect their privacy.
Director of Training, Charlton Vidal
Charlton has been a Police Officer since 1998, is a Training Officer in patrol and has been a member of the SWAT team since 1997. He has taught SWAT Schools, active shooter training, building searches, perimeter training, tactical handgun, tactical shotgun and carbine courses to name a few.
Instructor, “R. B.”
- 20 Year veteran of Law Enforcement Active
- Certified Handgun, Shotgun, Rifle Instructor – P.O.S.T. Certified
- Completed Instructor Development Course – P.O.S.T. Certified
- Former Academy Firearms Instructor
- Primary Firearms Instructor for Large Tactical Unit in Southern California
- Former U.S. Marine Rifleman
- High Power Rifle Competitor
Instructor, “J. D.”
“J. D.” began his shooting career in 1984 with the United States Marine Corps where he served as a Reconnaissance Marine. In 1989 he joined the Los Angeles Police Department and has been an instructor since the mid 1990′s having attended the LAPD’s Handgun Instructor, Rifle Instructor, and Instructor Development courses. In addition to department courses, “J. D.” has attended numerous outside schools both private and with other government agencies. He is currently assigned to the department’s Special Weapons and Tactics team were he is on the following Cadre’s: Firearms Instructor, Sniper, Diver, Counter-Terrorist, Explosive Breacher, and EMT.
Sniper Instructor, T. Swank
- Former Army Ranger Sniper
- Detroit Police Dept Special Response Team and SWAT Team
- North American Sniper Champion
- Pistol-Rifle and Sniper Instructor
- Certified WMD Terrorist Explosive instructor
- Related article (scroll to bottom of page)